- "The unique thing about Nowhere Boys as a series is that it constantly re-invents itself. Series one was about an alternative universe, Series two was about the space in between universes, and in Series three we meet a whole new bunch of heroes who find themselves trapped in a totally empty world. We are proud to introduce a brand new cast which reflects a diverse and truthful portrait of Australia today. As ever, the series is fun, spooky, magical and mysterious."
- ―Tony Ayres
Two Moons Rising, stylised as Nowhere Boys: Two Moons Rising, is the third season of Nowhere Boys. It aired in 2016 beginning on November 11, on ABC Me. The 13-part series was said to dive deeper into the existing Nowhere Boys world mythology.
Set at least three years after The Book of Shadows, the season introduced five new Nowhere Boys: Luke Hamill, Heath Buckland, Jesse Banda, Nicco Pandelis and Ben Ripley, who were officially announced on May 5, 2016, portrayed by Kamil Ellis, Joe Klocek, Jordie Race-Coldrey, Luca Sardelis and William McKenna, respectively. Filming ended on July 24, 2016. A preview of the second episode of Two Moons Rising was shown on ABC Me on August 19, which was a short scene, and a trailer was later aired on ABC Me at 9am on October 16, 2016.
The series premiered with "The New Boy," the first episode of the season, which aired on November 11, 2016, on ABC Me, directly followed by "What Happened to Bremin?". Two Moons Rising later aired on the Family Channel in Canada.
It is followed by a fourth and final season, which first aired on December 3, 2018.
When tech-nerd and sci-fi fanatic Luke (Kamil Ellis), arrives for his first day at Bremin High, all appears to be tiresomely ordinary, but what he doesn’t know is that school loner Ben (William McKenna) has been awaiting his arrival to put together a new gang of Nowhere Boys. Three other Nowhere Boys have already been identified; 'bad boy' Heath (Joe Klocek) high achiever and soccer star, Nicco (Luca Sardelis) and musical theatre geek Jesse (Jordie Race-Coldrey).
Coinciding with Luke's arrival, the people of Bremin start disappearing. Doubly peculiar is that, not only are they disappearing, but they're being wiped from everyone's memory and only the Nowhere Boys have noticed! Eventually Luke, Heath, Nicco and Jesse discover they are the last four people in the world. They find themselves thrust together in an eerily empty wasteland, forced to figure out how to save the town.
- "For magic to work, you have to have four elements."
- ―Ben Ripley
- Kamil Ellis as Luke Hamill, a sci-fi fanatic and tech-nerd.
- Joe Klocek as Heath Buckland, a "bad-boy."
- William McKenna as Ben Ripley, a loner at Bremin High School who awaits Luke's arrival to put the new group of Nowhere Boys together.
- Jordie Race-Coldrey as Jesse Banda, a musical theatre geek.
- Luca Sardelis as Nicco Pandelis, a high achiever and soccer star.
- Georgia Bolton as Coach Jane
- Tony Briggs as Brett Hamill
- Stella Carroll as Kayla Pandelis
- Renai Caruso as Rachel Ripley
- Charmaine Chu as Peta Chen
- Shareena Clanton as Sonia Jarra
- Dennis Coard as Grandpa Ripley
- Nicholas Coghlan as Principal Bates, a former teacher and Principal at Bremin High.
- Louise Crawford as Katrina Buckland
- Laura Grady as Brooklyn Wansbrough
- Tegan Higginbotham as Quinn Banda
- Damian Hill as Stuart Buckland
- Simon Mallory as Roberts
- Elle Mandalis as Anna Pandelis
- Darci McDonald as Ellen O'Donnell, a science teacher and former student.
- Liam Mollica as Warren Rawson
- Youssef Sabet as Ali Bitar
- Fin van de Wall as Claude Topper
- Francesca Waters as Yia Yia Pandelis
- Main article: List of episodes#Two Moons Rising
|1||"The New Boy"||November 11, 2016|
|2||"What Happened to Bremin?"||November 11, 2016|
|3||"We Are Not Alone"||November 18, 2016|
|4||"The Gang Find Magic"||November 25, 2016|
|5||"Bates to the Rescue"||December 2, 2016|
|6||"Are We Home Yet?"||December 9, 2016|
|7||"The Trouble with Ben"||December 16, 2016|
|8||"Back to the Empty World"||December 23, 2016|
|9||"The Truth Spell"||December 30, 2016|
|10||"Unwanted Visitors"||January 6, 2017|
|11||"The Search for Atridax"||January 13, 2017|
|12||"Birth of the Mega Demon"||January 20, 2017|
|13||"The Battle for Bremin"||January 27, 2017|
- The subtitle of the season refers to the Mega Demon causing two moons to rise in the sky, before disappearing people.
- Much like Season 1, the season starts with a scene further into the episode before flashing back to "one day earlier." Additionally like the first season, all the episodes start with a flashback to before the magical events started occurring.
- Two Moons Rising has many callbacks and references to the adventure of the original Nowhere Boys, particularly in Jesse's musical, Lost in the Forest.
- The series was nominated for the Most Outstanding Children's Program at the Logie Awards in 2017.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6
- ↑ Ellen is no longer a teenager in Two Moons Rising, as discussed in "The New Boy." Assuming she is 17 in The Book of Shadows, simple math can deduce at least three years has passed between the film and the season.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1
- ↑ Knox, David (2016-5-5). Meet the new-look Nowhere Boys (and one Nowhere Girl). TV Tonight. Retrieved on May 12, 2016.
- ↑ Two Moons Rising – "The Battle for Bremin"
- ↑ Two Moons Rising – "The New Boy"
- ↑ Nowhere Boys: Two Moons Rising is nominated for Most Outstanding Children's Program at the 2017 Logie Awards!. Nowhere Boys (January 26, 2017).
- Nowhere Boys: Two Moons Rising on iTunes